When bronchial tubes also called the air ways from nose to lungs gets infected, the problem is called as Bronchitis. This infection causes the air passages to swell up and gets inflamed. Breathing becomes difficult and is also quite painful depending on nature of infection. Heavy mucus also develops inside making bronchial tubes narrow to breathe oxygen into the lungs.
Bronchitis occurs mainly because of viruses, infectious bacteria or other environmental factors. These factors are exposure to dust, smoke, harmful fumes or inhaling any polluted air. Smoking tobacco also causes bronchitis.
Bronchitis can be acute or chronic. Acute bronchitis last for couple of days or maximum to weeks. Chronic bronchitis is a long-term condition that arises repeatedly even after u feel relieved.
Symptoms of bronchitis are important to understand in order to identify the problem area and then use few of the home remedies we are going to discuss later for its healing. Common signs are
- Cough: In bronchitis cough is persistent and also produces mucous. Mucous might be of white, yellow or green in color.
- Chest Congestion: This condition makes chest heavy with presence of all mucous. It gets all clogged.
- Heavy breathing: With all the cough and mucous, it is hard to breath in oxygen.
- Wheezing: Breathing makes whistling sound cause of narrowing of air passages.
- Fever: Body temperature rises and one feels body chills and sometimes shivering.
- Headache: Headache is one of most common symptom. The sinuses causes the head so heavy, one feels like a huge burden on top.
- Sore throat: Throat becomes so painful, it is hard to swallow anything by contraction of passage and inflammation throughout.
- Blocked nose: The nose also gets clogged with mucous making inhalation even more problematic.
- Body aches: Due to temperature and heavy feeling overall, the body aches.
Ginger is a traditional and very ancient way of healing bronchitis at home. One of the most well-known therapeutic in this condition is ginger root which is not less than a miracle remedy. It soothes the cough and relief the throat pain. Ginger reduces inflammation and also the swelling of air ways. It also helps greatly in boosting immune system.
How to use it:
- Boil water. Along with herbal tea, add fresh ginger Let the mixture simmer for some time. Turn off the stove, let it cool down a bit and drink.
- You can also add ginger powder along cinnamon powder to your normal herbal tea.
- Mix a pinch of ginger powder in teaspoon of raw honey and have it.
In initial stages of bronchitis, gargling reduces all the symptoms of bronchitis tremendously. It’s simple and easy to do. It soothes the sore throat and clears the thick mucus. It should be repeated several times a day for have maximum benefits.
How to do it:
Take lukewarm water in a glass or cup. Mix one teaspoon salt and mix until diluted. Take little by little and gargle it. You would feel relief instantly. Never use a lot of salt as it won’t benefit rather may create a burning effect. Moderate amount of salt is always advised. Be sure of spitting water out after gargling and never to swallow it.
This nut is potent in all the essential nutrients and minerals. They are rich in potassium, magnesium and calcium. They all contribute to healing of infected respiratory track. This remedy is surely healthy and tasty at the same time as everyone loves to munch on handful of almonds.
How to eat it:
- You can also eat roasted ones or add in any of your meal.
- For those who does not like eating raw almonds can soak few overnight. Peel the skin and grind. Make a paste along honey in it. Make sure have a spoon of it several times a day and get relief from pain.
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and used conventionally by many. Turmeric is root of a plant and has many healing elements in it.
How to take it:
- Take a glass of warm water and add one teaspoon of turmeric powder in it. Mix well and drink before bedtime. This will soothe the throat irritation and gives relief from agony of continuous cough.
- Take a small jar of honey. Add two to three teaspoons of turmeric powder in it and mix well. Try having it a little several times a day. Throat gets healed and you get rid of constant cough and pain.
- Warm Liquid:
Bronchitis makes the throat sore and very dry. This dryness adds to the irritation and inflammation. Adding hot liquids like tea, coffee and other warm beverages can help in healing respiratory tract infection. It helps in thinning down mucous and lowers the chest congestion. It is recommended to take as many warm liquids a day as possible.
Steam inhalation is believed to be very effective home remedy for clearing lungs from infection. It aids in lowering concentration levels of mucous, ease sinuses, clears blocked nose and makes breathing easy. For inhaling steam, simply boil water in large pan. Cover your face and head with the towel and bring your face above the steamy water. Breathe in steam and exhale. Do this for several minutes and repeat the process two to three times a day. You would feel huge difference after inhaling steam. The bronchial tubes releases the clogged mucus and clears the infection from lungs.
Humidifier is very important especially in winter seasons when moisture of the environment evaporates due to heating systems in our homes. Humidifier helps in keep the atmosphere moist. These humidifiers are usually readily available in the market and are cost effective. Also they are small in size so does not take much of the place.
- Vitamin C:
Bring Vitamin C food into your diet especially fruits like oranges and lemons. You must also drink fresh juices and eat vegetables to stay healthy and keep your immune system strong to fight against viruses and bacteria.