The boil is a medical condition which is usually known as a skin problem. Many people will observe it be an abscess below the skin. In real terms, it is an infection involving hair follicles.
The most common site of these boils is inner thighs. However many people have them on their face, armpits, neck, back or buttocks. Initially, it may look like white bumps like acne. They can be milky white to yellow in color and often appear as pimples. With the time, you will feel more pain and growth in the,
The reason why these boils grow is when hair roots, follicle roosts are exposed. The opportunistic bacteria, staphylococcus aureus, takes advantage of this condition and attack the exposed site. The result is what you see commonly as bumps on the skin. They look like blisters, raised, swelled and red in color. You might feel an itch or burn on it.
You are more likely to get thigh bumps if you have damaged hair follicles. Weaker immunity, infected sweat glands or you have used some very high chemical based cosmetics on your skin. Some malnutrition conditions also make your body nutritional deficient which subsequently reduces immunity and makes your body more susceptible to such skin problems. Additionally, if your blood sugar level is higher than normal or you have diabetes, chances to get thigh boils are greater than normal.
The skin has its renewal and healing system. The boils, most commonly those on thighs can go on their own even if you don’t treat them. It takes around 1 to 2 weeks to eliminate them from the skin. However, if you feel that they have become stubborn and not going away on their own, there are certain things which can help you. All these things are simple home based remedies for boils, especially at inner thighs. If these solutions don’t work, make an appointment with the dermatologist as soon as possible. In most cases, these home remedies work like wonder. Some of the commonly used treatments are as following. Here is how you can treat inner thigh boils ar house with natural ways.
Make warm compress to it
As you already know, the hot press is helpful for the inflammation and pain. Heat compression helps to reduce inflammation, even at the inner thigh area. When you apply heat to the skin, it improves the circulation of blood to that area. The natural immune system of the body is activated with boost, and it helps to fight for the betterment of skin. Here is how you can do it.
- Take warm water in a large bowl.
- Soak a small towel in it, dip it for a few minutes and take it out.
- Squeeze the extra water.
- Gently press it over inner thighs.
- Don’t press it hard or add pressure.
- Repeat it for 3-4 times in a row.
- End up by cleaning it and applying an ointment to prevent bacterial infection.
For germs to go away, you can add few drops of anti septic liquid into the water.
Sooth it with Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a medicinal plant which has high skin benefits. Aloe vera gel helps to provide comfort at inner thigh boils even in short time. If you have aloe vera plant at home, you don’t need to worry about your skin conditions ever.
- Take fresh aloe vera leaf.
- Clean it and wash it.
- Peel it to get the aloe vera gel.
- Take the gel out.
- Clean the inner thigh area with antiseptic and apply it directly on it.
- Leave it and don’t wash it.
Repeat this twice a day and for best results, apply it before going to bed and leave it overnight. You can also use commercially available aloe vera gel if you don’t have fresh aloe vera available.
Take help from tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is an essential oil which is antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal by nature. Additionally, it contributes to reduce inflammation. For boils at inner thighs, tea tree oil is best to use since it has no irritant in it. There are multiple ways you can use it.
- Take a clean cotton swab.
- Dip it into tea tree oil.
- Gently dab it on the cleaned affected area of inner thighs.
- Repeat it 2-3 times a day.
Alternately, you can mix some drops of tea tree oil into warm water. And later use this warm water for warm compress on to the inner thigh. It will take only 2-3 days for the boils to go away.
Apply toothpaste on it
Toothpaste is a common household item. Probably you have never thought that toothpaste can help to get rid of the boils. The truth is that toothpaste helps to reduce inflammation thus it is helpful to be used on pimples and boils. Doesn’t matter how silly it sounds, but the active methanol of toothpaste give your skin a refreshing feel which helps to decrease the discomfort of the boil.
- Clean the inner thigh area.
- Take any toothpaste. It’s better to use the one who has active methanol in it.
- Apply it to the affected skin, only apply it on to the boil and don’t apply it on the unaffected area.
- Let it settle for a couple of hours. Minimize your movement until it gets dry.
- Wash it and reapply it.
- Repeat this thrice a day.
This remedy works like magic. Unlike all other remedies, this solution makes the boils to go away only in one day or less.
The turmeric support
Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agent which is also a common kitchen ingredient. You can take and store it for a long time. Turmeric is called as a natural healer who has a solution for almost every problem. Curcumin is the vital bio compound which helps to reduce swelling and pain for the boils. Here is how you can use it
- Take turmeric powder and use water to make a paste.
- You can substitute water with vinegar and milk cream, only if your skin is not sensitive.
- Clean the skin and apply this mixture on the boils.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes and wash it with water gently.
- Repeat twice a day for 2-3 days.
This remedy will not heal the boil. Rather, it will help it to come out. It will formulate a head on the boil, and it will burst soon. Once it bursts, you can wipe it with anti septic wound cleaners and apply ointment. You can also add turmeric in warm milk to heal the busted boils fast.
Take Epsom salt baths
Epsom salt is a reliable product to be used for treating inner thigh boils. It takes out all the impurities including bacteria out of the skin and makes the body microbe free. Epsom salt helps in so many remedies that it is essential to have it at home with you. For treating inner thigh boils, there is nothing more soothing then salt baths.
- Take two cups Epsom salt.
- Add this to your regular hot bath.
- Lie down and soak your body in warm water for at least 15 minutes.
- Do not rub or dab the boils.
- Don’t use the towel on the affected area and let it dry on its own after the bath.
You can also use Epsom salt in warm water for the hot compress. For the best results, combine both was to use Epsom salt for treating boils.
Use onions on it
Onions are naturally rich with anti bacterial properties. It makes the healing of wound comfortable and infection free. In case your boils are awful, you can use the onion which is common kitchen ingredient. You can either use fresh onion slices or onion juice. It promotes the eruption of it. Also, it helps to heal the burst boil.
- Take a fresh onion and cut it into thick slices.
- Place it on the boil and gently rub it.
- For better results, put the onion slice/onion juice on to the boil and cover it with a bandage.
- Replace the onion slices every couple of hours. If you are using onion juice, reapply it every two hours.
Within a few hours, the boil will burst. You must clean it with antiseptic swabs and apply an ointment on it.