Only those who are living with an oily skin really know how difficult it is to manage a greasy skin that is prone to acne and breakout. Despite following the best and healthiest of skin care regimen, oily skin is able to develop acne and pimples and leave no chance of affecting your beauty and appearance. No doubt there are countless products available in the market that promise to help you get rid of oily skin and acne for good, but the concerns regarding the harsh chemicals and other substances making up the formulas of these products cannot be ignored. So if you love your skin and want to give it the pamper it deserves it is always best to choose natural methods over processed and artificially created products; this not only gives you permanent solutions but it is a great way of maintaining optimal skin health and retaining its beauty forever.
This article discusses the recipe of an amazing homemade Aloe Vera face wash, specially developed to help people with greasy skin. Aloe Vera is very beneficial for oily skin as well as for treating acne and pimples, thus this DIY face wash will help you get rid of acne and achieve an oil free skin in a safe, natural and effective manner. Let’s take a look at how you can prepare for yourself this astounding Aloe Vera Face Wash.
Things You Would Need…
- A mixing bowl
- 4 tablespoons of pure Aloe Vera gel
- 2 ½ teaspoons of jojoba oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of white cosmetic clay
- 2 ½ teaspoons of liquid castile soap
- 1 drop of lavender essential oil
- A plastic bottle
The Method of Preparation…
- To prepare this cleanser you will have to mix together all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl, except the castile soap and white cosmetic clay.
- Transfer the mixture to a plastic bottle. Now add to it the castile soap and shake well.
- The last thing you add to this cleanser mix is the clay; pour it gradually and continue shaking until everything is well blended.
- Your homemade Aloe Vera face wash is all ready and set for use.
Directions for Use…
- Wet your face with water and take a little amount of this Aloe Vera facial in your palms.
- Then apply is to your face and massage in circular motions to thoroughly cleanse your face, just like any other face wash that you use.
- Rinse with cool water and pat dry.
- If your skin feels very dry afterward apply a mild moisturizer to avoid dryness.
Benefits of Using Aloe Vera Face Wash, for Oily Skin
Aloe Vera is a miracle plant and it has been used for centuries to support skin’s health and well-being. Aloe Vera gel is very effective in treating and healing almost any sort of skin related problems and it is because of these qualities that even the most popular skincare brands don’t miss a chance to include the essence of this miracle plant in their products. Because of its countless benefits and healing properties, the ancient Egyptians called it the “plant of immortality.”
Aloe Vera is a cactus plant that belongs to the Liliaceae family. It grows in dry climates such as those found in parts of Africa and India and has been used medicinally for centuries. The plant has long green beefy leaves that contain the gel inside them. It is this gel that is used for medicinal purposes both in the modern and traditional medicine systems.
Following is the list of benefits Aloe Vera gel has for the skin:
- Aloe Vera gel is a non-greasy moisturizer. It deeply hydrates the skin without making it oily or greasy. Thus it is a good choice for people with oily skin, who are looking for a gentle moisturizer.
- Due to the presence of a hormone known as the Auxin, Aloe Vera is a great natural remedy for acne. Auxin provides wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce skin inflammation, ultimately reducing acne and breakouts.
- Aloe Vera can also be used to heal the skin and prevent scarring. It contains a hormone known as Giberellin that stimulates the growth of new dermal cells, allowing the skin to heal quickly and naturally with minimal scarring.
- Aloe Vera has a significant soothing effect on the skin and therefore it can soothe and reduce skin inflammations, blistering, and itchiness.
- Aloe Vera gel is rich in minerals that absorb excess oils and sebum from the skin, which otherwise makes our skin oily and greasy.
- Aloe Vera gel is rich in vitamin C and E, as well as other essential minerals and anti-oxidants that fight skin aging. Thus Aloe Vera is a great natural remedy for the mature skin.
- Aloe Vera gel helps in eliminating stretch marks, scars, and wrinkles from the skin.
- Aloe Vera boosts overall skin health due to the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, sugars, anthraquinones, phenolic compounds, lignin, saponins, sterols, amino acids and salicylic acid that it is loaded with.
- Because of its soothing and healing qualities, Aloe Vera gel significantly helps in treating wounds and sunburns.